- If frozen, thaw duck in refrigerator 1 – 2 days prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove duck from bag and remove neck and giblets from body cavity.
- Pat duck dry with paper towels.
- Place duck on rack breast side up in a roasting pan or place duck on a vertical roaster in pan and sprinkle with seasoning of choice.
- Roast uncovered for 30 minutes per pound of duck.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C), measured at the thigh joint and a minimum of 170 degrees F (77 degrees C) in the thickest part of the breast. The legs should move freely and juices run clear when duck is done.*
- If desired, pour your own prepared sauce over the duck and continue roasting for 5 additional minutes for added enjoyment.
- Enjoy your delicious duck! (Promptly refrigerate any leftovers)